Ropes Courses, Inc. is in search of a qualified Outside Account Representative to join the team! RCI bases all of its success on FUN! The RCI team is focused on bringing FUN to the world by creating and providing profitable adventure entertainment attractions. RCI is dedicated to hardworking and career-oriented individuals who are as passionate about their work as they are about their lives; our success is centered on a stand-out company culture, excelling in execution and being energized by making a difference. We are a place where every employee can make a difference – and it all starts with you!
Job Title: Outside Account Representative
Achieves Sales and Marketing goals and maximum sales profitability, growth and existing account penetration by prospecting, promoting, developing and selling RCI ropes courses, product lines and services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts and customers. Extensive travel will be required (75%).
- Work closely with Inside Sales, Marketing Department and Design team to establish, continuously monitor and adjust sales and marketing goals.
- Develop new and established accounts to build trust relationships and assist them in reaching their full market potential (Consultative Sales Approach).
- Introduce and/or Demonstrate current products and services while providing assistance in the marketing and application of the product.
- Coordinate company designer and engineering services to meet customer needs.
- Work closely with Applications Engineer in preparing price quotes, terms of sales and with Manufacturing Technical Manager to coordinating delivery dates.
- Attend Grand Openings and Special events of our clients (as needed or requested).
- Work closely with customer service team and ensure resolution of any customer complaints and/or warranty issues.
- Develop reports for management relative to marketing trends, competitive products, pricing and sales volumes and customer/prospect input.
- Ability to converse face to face or over the phone listening to customers and shaping their visions into needs.
- Understand and effectively enforce all RCI safety procedures.
- Attend internal sales and design meetings as well as customer based meetings albeit in person or on conference call.
- Must work independently yet within the RCI team environment, self- motivated and creative thinker.
- Able to work within strict timelines
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis
- Secondary education in Sales / Marketing or Business preferred with at least 5 years in outside sales in the amusement, entertainment and/or services industry a plus.
- Experience in Theme Parks, Adventure courses, ropes courses, zip lines and/or climbing experiences is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – ability to effectively communicate with prospective leads, current customers and designers, building trust relationships that will lead to long term profitability.
- Public speaking and ability to make presentations to pitch concepts to customer(s) when necessary.
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor.
- Advance level skills with Sales Force or other CRM systems and all MS Office applications.
- Ability to perform all tasks with confidence, precision and strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Creativity with an emphasis on fostering teamwork and building relationships.
- Effective time management.
- 75% Travel required.
Local candidate preferred but applicants in any region of the United States will be accepted as this position can be managed remotely. Remote candidate must be able to travel to corporate office 1-2 times per month or as needed.
Qualified applicants should apply on Indeed.