Ropes Courses, Inc. is hiring a qualified designer to develop creative and innovative architectural ropes course designs, concepts and plans per customer specifications or conceptualization. This position will report to the Ropes Courses, Inc. corporate office in Allegan, Michigan.
Job Title: Designer
Supervisor: New Product Sales Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for developing creative and innovative architectural ropes course designs, concepts and plans per customer specifications or conceptualization. Assist in the design for construction of new ropes courses, themed ropes course parks, destinations, attractions and renovations of existing courses and/or parks. Develop graphic narrative reports on project sites and/or land planning. Develop drawings, sketches, master plans and creative designs during the conceptual development phase. This position may also assist the marketing and sales departments with requested visual images for media and print.
- Update/maintain a library of standard course components.
- Produce renderings and plan views of course concepts.
- Development of ropes course, facility and attraction master design plans and drawings to support the creative project development and vision of the customer.
- Development of graphic and narrative reports on project sites and land planning. Electronic 3-D modeling services that accurately and clearly depict the customers design and intent.
- Design custom courses according to customer and sales manager guidelines.
- Provide design, sample color renderings, sketching and drafting needed to convey the design intent, queuing layouts and crowd control and flow to customer and engineering department.
- Provide additional drawings, renderings and plans when required for special projects.
- Attend internal sales and design meetings as well as customer based meetings.
- Ability to make presentations to pitch concepts to customer(s) if necessary.
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor.
- Work independently, creatively and be a self motivator.
- Able to work within timelines.
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a design related field, Architectural, Engineering and/or Construction Management preferred
- Experience in theme parks is a plus
- Knowledge of Sketch-Up and Photoshop
- Experience with AutoCAD and AutoDesk
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Ability to perform all tasks with confidence, precision and strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with exceptional problem solving skills
- Creativity with an emphasis on fostering teamwork and building relationships
- Effective time management
- MAC OS X
Qualified applicants should apply here.