Job Summary: This position is responsible for the detailed assembly of mechanical and electrical components based drawings and specifications using a medium knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles. Position includes setting up and operating finished assemblies in test equipment to check circuitry and production performance to assure a high level of quality.
- Assemble components, subassemblies and assemblies using drawings, blue print specifications and parts lists.
- Verify components by examining all connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Use instruments or test gear to verify quality specifications and/or production performance
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs in the shop and in the field as needed.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate supply needs; place expedited orders for supplies when needed; verify receipt of stock.
- Document actions by completing necessary quality and production forms.
- Help improve quality and functionality of existing products, keeping them up to date with new trends, technology and safety.
- Some travel is required to existing and new course sites (minimum 10-20%).
- Submit periodic reports to Supervisor showing status of all ongoing assembly projects.
- Evaluate and qualify components in accordance with design specifications.
- Able to maintain proper time management skills for each project.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping standards and procedures.
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor.
- Work independently and be a self motivator.
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Manufacturing with emphasis on Quality, Mechanical Inspection, and Electrical Component assembly and inspection
- Experience in Industrial Automation working with PLC’s (Allen Bradley preferred)
- Communication and time management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding data collection, analysis and documentation skills
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office, modeling and drafting software
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality, Mechanical and Electrical component assembly: 3 years
Qualified applicants should apply here.